EVONET Forum Index EVONET
Mitsubishi EVO foorum, kuid teretulnud ka teised nelivedused.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CD9A 1992 Evolution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: CD9A 1992 Evolution Reply with quote

Evolution I, inherited Mitsubishi's 2-litre 4G63-type in-line 4-cylinder DOHC intercooler-turbocharged plant. For Evolution I, the engine was given a larger capacity intercooler, a higher compression ratio, modified port configuration, new injectors, and lighter crankshaft, con rods and pistons.

These changes resulted in a maximum power to 250bhpat 6000 rpm, and maximum torque of 228lbs/FT at 3000rpm.

Evolution I also inherited the VR-4 driveline. Modifications included the use of double-cone synchromesh on second gear for improved shift action and durability, an uprated clutch with more positive pedal action.

To match the heavier front end and the substantial increase in suspention inputs, the body underwent a major strengthening and stiffness optimization program resulting in a 20% increase in torsional stiffness over the base model. To alleviate the weight increase stemming from the extra reinforcement, the vibration-damping undercoat was totally eliminated.

Evolution I's suspension used MacPherson strut and a multi-link arrangement to locate and control the front and rear wheels respectively. Optimized to increase stiffness, pillow ball upper mounts were used to replace rubber bushings on the rear upper and lower control arms and the outer control links.

Evolution I's exterior was distinguished at the front by an aluminum engine hood with large air outlets, and open grille-integral front bumper extended 40mm forwards to house the uprated intercooler unit. At the rear, a large reardeck spoiler reduced lift by 18%. At 1,170kg (RS), this well-finished sports sedan delivered superb performance on the road.

Start of Production: October 1992
Number Produced: 5000
Length [mm]: 4310
Height [mm]: 1395
Width [mm]: 1695
GSR Weight [kg]: 1240
RS Weight [kg]: 1170
Chassis Code: CD9A
Engine Size: 1997
Bore and stroke: 85.0 x 88.0
Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
Power [bhp]: 247
Torque [lb/ft]: 228
Injector Size [cc]: 510
0-60mph: 5.1 secs
0-100mph: 13.7 secs
Top Speed [mph]: 143
Fuel Consumption: 21
Fuel Tank capacity: 48 Litres
Transmission: 5 Speed manual
Active Yaw Control [AYC]: No
Active Center Dif [ACD]: No
Gear Ratio 1st [GSR/RS]: 2.750/2.750
Gear Ratio 2nd [GSR/RS]: 1.684/1.684
Gear Ratio 3rd [GSR/RS]: 1.160/1.160
Gear Ratio 4th [GSR/RS]: 0.862/0.862
Gear Ratio 5th [GSR/RS]: 0.862/0.862
Gear Ratio Rev [GSR/RS]: 3.166/3.166
Gear Ratio Final [GSR/RS]: 5.443/5.443

Copyright: http://www.lancerregister.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EVONET Forum Index -> Informatsioon All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: